Friday June 17, 2016
Have you ever noticed certain subjects have general perceptions around them? For example, how many times have you heard the adage: "it's not rocket science!" Meaning, whatever you're talking about is understandable or not that hard.
To the average person, rocket science is believed to be very difficult to understand or you have to be brilliant to do so. To a rocket scientist, however, it just makes sense.
What's the difference between the average person and the scientist? Education, interest, and the belief that the information is comprehensible.
When it comes to the body/mind, there is a general perception that you have to be a doctor or health care professional to understand it. While you may never have the interest to study the body to the depths that conscientious health care professionals do, it's important for you to know that you are capable of understanding how your body works.
In the event, you are faced with pain, limited mobility or other conditions that challenge your health, the mindset of trusting that you are capable of understanding the issues and making decisions that are right for you is paramount for your good outcome.
To help shift your mindset, I would like to offer
5 Reasons Why Your Body is Easier to Understand than Rocket Science:
1. You don't need a degree in aerospace, mechanical or electrical engineering degree
2. There is google, and a world of information available at your fingertips
3. There are conscientious professionals who love to study the details and share digestible overviews
4. In addition to your intellect's capacity to comprehend data, you receive constant feedback from the body you live in; and
5. You have your own internal small, quiet voice - your intuition, your "gut", which tells you when something is true or not; or is or isn't right for you.
Trust it and trust yourself.
You may find that keeping yourself healthy and happy isn't rocket science after all.
To your greatest health and well-being,
My mission with this blog is to provide information that supports holistic pain relief and self-care that encompasses all of who you are - body, mind, and Spirit.